We cordially invite you to the Book Launch of The Universal Sea – The art and innovation guide against the plastic epidemic on Friday, March 15th, 2019.
at the Universität der Künste in Berlin
We want to thank the Berlin University of the Arts for being the perfect host for our book launch event. It promotes the value of art for encouraging and facilitating new perspectives and action in our society, which is at the core of our project.
With a history dating back to the mid 19th century, the so called udk is the largest arts university in Europe. It is world renowned for its diverse curriculum that extends beyond fine arts to architecture, design, media, music, and performing arts. You will probably recognise some of their professors such as Berlin-based artists Ai Weiwei, Olafur Eliasson, and Hito Steyerl.
We were thrilled to collaborate during the project with professors from such a leading edge educational institute and now we are honoured and excited to host our book launch event there too!
We are also so excited to present the speakers for the event:
- Prof. Gilbert Beronneau, design akademie berlin and Dean of the Department of Design
- Prof. Jose Alcarez, Academic & Faculty Director, Berlin School of Creative Leadership
- Prof. Dr. Käthe Wenzel, Artist and Professor for Aesthetic Practice, European University Flensburg
- Matt Stewart, Innovation Strategist, Co-founder of Yarra Swim Coand Yarra Pools
- Nicole Loeser, Creative Lead of The Universal Sea and Director, Institute for Art and Innovation
- Olga Skoczyklas, Design Strategist, Co-founder of ’Cultural Design’ agency
- Sabina Damiani, Director of aMore Festival, Croatia
- Urszula Staszkop, Art Historian
- Alessio Ceruti (IT)
- Kristina Okan (RU)
- Marjorie Chau (DE)
- Mona Lüders (DE)
- Steffen Blandzinski (DE)
- Katja Nordwig, Founder and Director, Grinno
- Paula Montaldi, Business Development, Mitte filter
- Lubomila Jordanova, Founder and CEO, PlanA.earth
- Carina Bischof, Project Manager, STOP! Micro Waste
- Alessio Gamba, Director Italy, Zeoform
The Universal Sea team has been working very hard for the past year to make this book (464 pages, English) a reality and it is finally finished We can’t wait to inspire you with the work of artists, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who make up the guide.
Come and celebrate with us!
Get your free ticket on Eventbrite and make sure to press attending on our Facebook Page
MORE ABOUT OUR BOOK AND THE MOVEMENT BEHIND IT HERE!